|Responsibilities ||· Schedule, direct and monitor the workshop activities for the Mechanical Workshop, Fabrication Workshop ,Valve Maintenance Shop , Electrical Maintenance Workshop , Instrumental Workshop , Door & Gate Maintenance works, Insulation & Cladding Works ,Overhead Crane maintenance Works , Lighting & Outstation Powers works & All Workshop Related Welding , Fabricating & Maintenance works in the assigned area and assign resources, in line with the maintenance schedule.|
· Prepare budgets; estimates for purchase of spares, consumables, materials and coordinate, monitor and report manpower status; equipments and tools to the planning department to ensure high productivity with a high standard of quality and efficiency.
· Plan and monitor day-to-day work and ensure smooth running of the workshop activities.
· Check the proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters; troubleshoot control system problem as they arise and modifying the logic as per requirement and updating of the condition of equipment and machines under his area of responsibility.
· To liaise with other sections for timely implementation of the jobs; scheduling and prioritizing the incoming jobs. Accepting the Permit to work and delegating the clearing of job & defects cards to the supervisors and thereafter keeping a track on the completion of the said jobs. Distributing Welders, Fabricators , Welding Machines , Gas Cylinders , hand Grinders to the Whole plant and Stations as per requirements against permit , Job cards & Assignments.
· Primary Approval for Petty Cash Voucher (PCV ) & forwarding and raising of purchase requisitions.
· Develop and maintain professional working relationships with OEMs, local contractors/vendors for smooth execution of the contracts/supplies.
· Act as a craft person to accept the safety document for execution of any maintenance job.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as personnel performance status, leave management, overtime etc. by raising HR applications in Lotus Notes/Oracle for staff working under him functioning of plant components, policies and procedures, housekeeping, material condition and personnel hazards
· Assume the duties of other Workshop Engineers in the areas of their responsibility, in their absences. and ensure readiness to perform any other relevant task assigned by the team leader.
In addition to main areas of responsibilities the engineer will be assigned to cross training to the other areas as and when required, most likely in similar plants