|Responsibilities ||responsible for monitoring the operating plant the directing and supervising a team of operators; in performing the operation activities under the directions of the Shift Charge Engineer, ensuring standard utility practices & reliable and efficient production. Interact & coordinate with control room Supervisors and Operators related to plant operations and Isolations, as per the SOP.ensuring best engineering practices; optimum use of manpower, interface & coordination with other departments regarding plant matters, ensuring the implementation of safety procedures & policies, production reliability & efficiency. He is also responsible for updating the plant management prevailing conditions/important matters/production etc. The Operation Supervisor is experienced in operational activities, safely and efficiently monitoring the day-to-day plant Operation and is responsible for optimizing the performance of these operational processes by coordination, communication & handling plant emergencies; defect identification and initiation. He executes the assigned work under the guidance of the Shift Charge Engineer in the most efficient manner; working towards the goals/targets and vision set by QEWC management. |
· Responsible for assigned site Monitoring, Supervision & coordination of Plant Operation of relevant site location ensuring operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. conducted in a safe and efficient manner. Directs the activities of shift operators towards safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant while meeting the appropriate standard requirements affecting the plant. Responsible for monitoring of the following Units/equipment
o Gas / steam Turbines and its associated auxiliaries.
o Electrical distribution boards of his assigned zone of various voltage levels.
o Fuel Gas distribution systems, scrubber units and related control systems
o Cooling water systems for the power station
o Emergency Diesel Generator and Black Start Systems.
o Cable Trenches, tunnels and Switchyard.
o All Transformers and Lighting systems of his allocated area
o Balance of Plants of his area and all other allocated areas as assigned.
· Monitor all Unit/equipment operating conditions related to safe working parameters and identify any abnormality or deteriorating operating conditions and initiate actions as per the approved procedures.
· Ensuring that the Equipment and unit are in operation in a safe and efficient condition at all times in accordance to OEM O & M procedures and the approved SOPs. Coordinating with various Maintenance Department personnel for carrying out the planned/breakdown maintenance activities, and equipment trial run, commissioning tests and Checks etc.
· Ensure that loading, start up and shut down procedures for all plant equipment and processes are carried out correctly and coordinated with CCR and site Operators.
· Coordinate with CCR Supervisors for safe plant operation and handling abnormal plant or emergency conditions and assist SCEs in early and safe plant restoration after the emergency.
· Assist SCE/Permit Engineer in Isolating and Normalizing Plant/Unit/equipment for issuing/ cancelling of permits to maintenance, as directed by SCE and in coordination with CCR.
· Log Meter readings, along with Purchaser KM personnel on a monthly basis and the daily Production readings of the relevant area and meter readings relevant to the area.
· Maintain the Operation documentation & database, by carrying out the detailed shift data logging of all activities related to his site.
· Carry out Inspections as per the scheduled inspection activity.
· Identify Plant process related defects and also defects on non-process plant assets of his assigned area and Initiate Defect Cards on DCMS.
· Issue of Limitation of Access Document to facilitate Maintenance checks and works.
· Coordinate all activities during commissioning of units/equipments,
· Carry-out scheduled equipment changeover and document.
· Ensure that all works in his assigned area is carried out with valid Permit/LOA and no work is carried out beyond the permitted zone.
· Identify any act by either QEWC or contractor staff which can lead to either personnel hazard or Plant/process disturbance and stop the same and report to the SCE/Management.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station.
· Execute/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as reporting of staff duty absenteeism, staff discipline overtime
· Ensure Safe and best housekeeping in his allocated work site with the help of assigned staff and arrange to report and follow up on material storage, hazardous condition etc.
· Assume the responsibilities of other Operation Supervisors in the areas of their responsibility, in their absence.
· In addition to main areas of responsibilities the supervisor will be assigned to cross training to the other areas as and when required, most likely in similar plants.
· Assist in providing training to new staff and Qatari staff as assigned.
· Any assigned works and special tasks as and when required by the Management.
Qualification, Experience, Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· 5 Years experience in operations of large modern power plants is required.
· Experience in Water processes and Boilers is a must.
· Experienced in DCS system operations is required.
· Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS office applications and exposure to Computer based maintenance management systems will be an added advantage.
· Age shall be between 30 - 40 years.
· Work requires excellent & professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal and analytical skills. Ability to motivate teams and work with multinational workforce
· Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Communication & Working Relationships:
· Daily communication of work in progress with Shift Charge Engineer
· Regular communication with maintenance for day and week ahead plans
· Contractors on site on progress of ongoing operation activities.
· Analytical Thinking
· Compliant To Safety, Quality & Environment
· Technical Expertise & Development
· Teamwork & Cooperation
· Commercial Awareness