|Responsibilities ||Job Objective:|
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for managing the electrical maintenance activities under the guidance of the Electrical Engineer, directing and supervising a team of personnel; ensuring best engineering practices; optimum use of manpower, interface & coordination with other departments regarding plant matters, ensuring the implementation of safety procedures & policies, production reliability & efficiency. He is also responsible for updating the plant management prevailing conditions/important matters/production etc. The Electrical Supervisor is experienced in maintenance, repair improvement, troubleshooting and test of existing combined cycle power station electrical systems, machinery, equipment and accessories including installation of new electrical projects. He executes the assigned work in the most efficient manner; working towards the goals/targets and vision set by QEWC management.
· Execute and monitor the electrical maintenance activities of the plant in accordance with the OEM recommendations and standard procedures to ensure best engineering practices.
· Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment are carried out. Supervise the operation and service of power station equipment, i.e. boilers; steam turbine, gas turbine transformers, Switchgears and its protection; PWTR, all make-up water systems,CO2 compressors and its related auxiliary equipment of the power station.
· Maintain inventory of spares for the year by using Oracle software, and initiate procurement in order to ensure their availability during overhauls and emergency maintenance and thereby ensuring the quality and timely completion of work. To follow up spares availability and advise the Engineer for proper follow up from his side so that plant availability is always ensured. To inspect materials / spares newly purchased at stores.
· Schedule and control the routine, preventive overhauls and emergency maintenance, in order to efficiently and safely complete all the activities well within the allocated period of outage. Plan and manage time and manpower for executing the annual and major overhauls and prepare overhaul work details for Electrical Equipment .
· Coordinate with planning and scheduling department for any shutdown schedule whether it is minor or major shutdown for proper inclusion of electrical equipment so that it can cover up or conduct the necessary corrective or preventive maintenance to be done. Ensure the proper implementation of the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
· Enforce the permit to work and isolation system within the electrical department.
· Recommend new installations or modifications to improve plant control performance or replacement of defective or obsolete electrical equipment systems and subsystems. Supervise and monitor the progress of all types of routine, breakdown and planned maintenance activities, so as to minimize down time for the equipment for increased plant productivity.
· Communicate with management and update the Electrical Engineer to resolve complex issues concerning new technology, upgrade of equipment, revision to standards and purchase specifications, test procedures and new projects designs. To carry out engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and under take other engineering investigation and test work as directed by the Electrical Engineer.
· Update, maintain records, generate reports related to the electrical work, in order to enable the management to take the right decisions and thereby ensure plant reliability.
· Full utilization of the use of the Oracle software to manage the day to day planning and scheduling of maintenance activities, ensuring quality control of the work done by the appropriate maintenance disciplines. To raise job request for workshop and follow up.
· To liaise with other sections for timely implementation of the jobs.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as reporting of staff duty absenteeism, staff discipline overtime
· Ensure Safe and best housekeeping in his allocated work site with the help of assigned staff and arrange to report and follow up on material storage, hazardous condition etc.
· Assume the responsibilities of other Electrical Supervisors in the areas of their responsibility, in their absence.
· In addition to main areas of responsibilities the supervisor will be assigned to cross training to the other areas as and when required, most likely in similar plants.
Assist in providing training to new staff and Qatari staff as assigned and any assigned works and special tasks as and when required by the Management.
Qualification, Experience, Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
· 5 Years electrical experience in of large modern water desalination plants is required.
· Experience in Generators, Transformers, Unit Transformers, Unit Aux Transformers, 6.6 KV & 415V motors 110V, 50V & 24V Station & Unit Battery Chargers, 110V inverters, protection Relays & Area Lighting
· Working knowledge & Ability to trouble shoot and correct minor
problems.Proficiency in computer application
programs like Excel, MS word, and MS Project and experience in computer based
maintenance management systems will be an added advantage.
Age shall be between 30 - 35 years.
Communication & Working Relationships:
· Daily communication of work in progress with Electrical Engineer
· Regular communication with Electrical Technician for day and week ahead plans
Equipment vendors and contractors on progress of ongoing maintenance activities.
· Analytical Thinking
· Compliant To Safety, Quality & Environment
· Technical Expertise & Development
· Teamwork & Cooperation
· Commercial Awareness