· Schedule, execute and monitor the operation activities ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to comply with statutory and company requirements.
· Preparing budgetary proposals and technical scopes for the planned works in his area of responsibility. Providing input into tenders and monitoring of contracts, budgets and budgetary control under the guidance of the Section Head
· Monitor all Unit/equipment operating conditions related to safe working parameters and identify any abnormality or deteriorating operating conditions and initiate actions as per the approved procedures.
· Inspects the unit's and its auxiliaries, equipment condition prior to start-up, during operations and after shutdown following proper operating procedure and established parameters.
· Responsible for unit startup writing shutdown isolation / de-isolation procedures & safety work permit system and to carry out the audits to ensure the standards. Leading plant personnel in Isolating and Normalizing Plant/Unit/equipment for issuing/ cancelling of work permits to maintenance, in coordination with CCR.
· Coordinate with personnel for safe plant operation and handling abnormal plant or emergency conditions and in early and safe plant restoration after the emergency. Take appropriate decision & direct plant operations during plant emergencies ensuring prevention of further deterioration of the condition .
· Responsible for submitting incident/trip reports and to provide recommendations – results in quicker resolution of the problems and aids higher management in decision making.
· Planning of Operational Activities. Preparation of Daily, Monthly & Availability reports for Management & water net work department .
· To carry out the daily work activities routine coordination & communication with the external agencies like Telemetry, Contractors etc., and inter department with the Maintenance Engineers of different disciplines for permit system and daily Maintenance activities.
· Communicate with management and update the Section Head to resolve complex issues concerning new technology, upgrade of equipment, revision to standards and purchase specifications, test procedures and new projects designs. To provide the required guidance to the supervisor To carry out engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and under take other engineering investigation and test work as directed by the Section Head.
· To review the modification proposal, involve & carry out the risk assessment of interfacing of the existing system with new system for expansion.
· Full utilization of the use of the Oracle software to manage the day to day planning and scheduling of operational activities, ensuring quality control of the work done by the appropriate operation disciplines.
· To liaise with other sections for timely implementation of the jobs.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as personnel performance status, leave management, overtime etc. by raising HR applications in Lotus Notes/Oracle for staff working under him functioning of plant components, policies and procedures, housekeeping, material condition and personnel hazards
· Assume the duties of other Engineers in the areas of their responsibility, in their absences.
· In addition to main areas of responsibilities the engineer will be assigned to cross training to the other areas as and when required, most likely in similar plants.