|| Job Objective: |
The Instrument Supervisor is responsible for managing the instrumentation maintenance activities under the guidance of the Instrument Engineer, for directing and supervising a team of personnel; ensuring supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition; best engineering practices; optimum use of manpower, interface & coordination with other departments regarding plant matters, ensuring the implementation of safety procedures & policies, production reliability & efficiency. He is also responsible for updating the plant management prevailing conditions/important matters/production etc. The Instrument Supervisor is experienced in instrument and control maintenance work, erection, inspection and overhaul activities, executing the assigned work under the guidance of the Instrument Engineer in the most efficient manner; working towards the goals/targets and vision set by QEWC management.
· Execute and monitor the maintenance activities of the Instrumentation and control equipment in the assigned area and assign resources, in line with the maintenance schedule.
· Check the proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters, troubleshoot control system problem as they arise and modifying the logic as per requirement.
· Maintain inventory of spares for the year by using Oracle software, and initiate procurement in order to ensure their availability during overhauls and emergency maintenance and thereby ensuring the quality and timely completion of work. To follow up spares availability and advise the Engineer for proper follow up from his side so that plant availability is always ensured. To inspect materials / spares newly purchased at stores.
· Recommend new installations or modifications to improve plant control performance or replacement of defective or obsolete instrumentations for control equipment systems and subsystems. Supervise and monitor the progress of all types of routine, breakdown and planned maintenance activities, so as to minimize down time for the equipment for increased plant productivity.
· Communicate with management and update the Instrument Engineer to resolve complex issues concerning new technology, upgrade of equipment, revision to standards and purchase specifications, test procedures and new projects designs. To carry out engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and under take other engineering investigation and test work as directed by the Instrument Engineer.
· Schedule and control the routine, preventive overhauls and emergency maintenance, in order to efficiently and safely complete all the activities well within the allocated period of outage. Plan and manage time and manpower for executing the annual and major overhauls and prepare overhaul work details for Instrument & Control Plants/Equipment with regard to desalination units assigned.
· Update, maintain records, generate reports related to the maintenance work, maintain master list of drawings, calibrate/test tools and test equipment, in order to enable the management to take the right decisions and thereby ensure plant reliability.
· Full utilization of the use of the Oracle software to manage the day to day planning and scheduling of maintenance activities, ensuring quality control of the work done by the appropriate maintenance disciplines. To raise job request for workshop and follow up. and check work permits.
· To assist in preparing budgetary proposals for assigned job
· To liaise with other sections for timely implementation of the jobs.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as personnel performance status, leave management, overtime etc. by raising HR applications in Lotus Notes/Oracle for staff working with under him functioning of plant components, policies and procedures, housekeeping, material condition and personnel hazards
· Assume the duties of other Instrument Supervisors in the areas of their responsibility, in their absences.
· In addition to main areas of responsibilities the supervisor will be assigned to cross training to the other areas as and when required, most likely in similar plants.
Qualification, Experience, Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Instrument Engineering or related discipline.
· 5 Years maintenance experience in Control and Instrumentation of large combined cycle power station & gas turbine & steam turbines is required.
· Experience in modern microprocessor based DCS control systems such as ABB Procontrol, Ovation system of Emersion, Bailey Infi 90, Yokogowa system are preferred. Knowledge / working experience in PLC Systems would be an added advantage.
· The candidate shall have experience in large Heat Recovery Boilers / gas fired Boilers power plants. Proficiency in computer application programs like Excel, MS word, and MS Project and experience in computer based maintenance management systems will be an added advantage.
· Age shall be between 30 - 35 years
Communication & Working Relationships:
· Daily communication of work in progress with Instrument Engineer, Technicians, store personnel and Head of Instrument
· Regular communication Instrument Technicians for day and week ahead plans
· Equipment vendors and contractors on progress of ongoing maintenance activities.
· Analytical Thinking
· Compliant To Safety, Quality & Environment
· Technical Expertise & Development
· Teamwork & Cooperation
· Commercial Awareness