|| Job Objective: |
responsible for managing the maintenance activities under the guidance of the Mechanical Engineer, directing and supervising a team of personnel; supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition; ensuring best engineering practices; optimum use of manpower, interface & coordination with other departments regarding plant matters, ensuring the implementation of safety procedures & policies, production reliability & efficiency. He is also responsible for updating the plant management prevailing conditions/important matters/production etc. The Mechanical Supervisor is well experienced in gas turbines and its related equipments and executes the assigned work in the most efficient manner; working towards the goals/targets and vision set by QEWC management.
· Ensure that all mechanical maintenance activities are performed according to established engineering specifications and in the most effective manner.
· Responsible for directing and supervising the activities of assigned personnel involved in the maintenance of Gas Turbines / modern combined cycle power station and its related equipments. Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipments in the prescribed condition. Check, plan specification and ensure availability of all material and equipment needed to ensure that maintenance work is carried out according to agreed, schedule, cost estimate and required quality. Ensure that machinery and equipment related to his section is properly maintained, tested, verified and details documented as per company procedures. To assist maintenance engineer in organizing spare-parts ordering plan and to check stock list.
· Prepare work plans and allocate duties and responsibilities to subordinates to ensure maximum work efficiency and productivity. Prepare and maintain time cards/sheets; work permits of workers concerned and ensure work done is in accordance with the work permits.
· Update the electronic log in the system which gives a continuous update of the progress of the work being executed on a daily basis. Maintains records of work performed and prepares a variety of reports.
· Supervise preventive, breakdown and planned overhaul of assigned mechanical equipment. Must be able to diagnose and
· repair a major breakdown and to attend to the defects of the operating plant acting as a vital line between the work force and the engineer in charge. Brings to the notice of concerned engineer defects of the operating equipment when not in compliance with the manufacturing specifications.
· Perform shut down activities in a safe manner as per policies and procedures of QEWC safety rules. Recommend to the engineer in charge necessary action as related to the best productivity of the plant, and whatever the activities of his unit are involved in.
· Ensure implementation of established safety procedures to be followed for the safeguard of employees and equipment at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as personnel performance status, leave management, overtime etc. by raising HR applications in Lotus Notes/Oracle for staff working under him, functioning of plant components, policies and procedures, housekeeping, material condition and personnel hazard.
· Assume the duties of other Mechanical Supervisors in the areas of their responsibility, in their absences