· Schedule, execute and monitor the maintenance activities of the Instrumentation and control equipment in the assigned area and assign resources, in line with the maintenance schedule.
· Schedule and control the routine, preventive overhauls and emergency maintenance, in order to efficiently and safely complete all the activities well within the allocated period of outage. Plan and manage time and manpower for executing the annual and major overhauls and prepare maintenance reports for overhaul work details for Instrument & Control Plants/Equipment with regard to desalination/generation units assigned.
· Assist the Section Head in preparing maintenance budget proposals and technical scopes for the planned works in his area of responsibility. Providing input into tenders and monitoring of contracts, budgets and budgetary control under the guidance of the Section Head.
· Ensure timely response to the job cards raised to his area of responsibilities.
· Maintain inventory of spares for the year by using Oracle software, and initiate procurement in order to ensure their availability during overhauls and emergency maintenance and thereby ensuring the quality and timely completion of work To inspect materials / spares newly purchased at stores and organize inspection of spares and advise management accordingly.
· Recommend new installations or modifications to improve plant control performance or replacement of defective or obsolete instrumentations for control equipment systems and subsystems. Supervise and monitor the progress of all types of routine, breakdown and planned maintenance activities, so as to minimize down time for the equipment for increased plant productivity. To provide the required guidance to the supervisor for the engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and under take other engineering investigation and test work. Identify, evaluate, plan and execute preventive & corrective maintenance jobs.
· Communicate with management and update the Instrument Head to resolve complex issues concerning new technology, upgrade of equipment, revision to standards and purchase specifications, test procedures and new projects designs. To carry out engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and under take other engineering investigation and test work as directed by the Section Head – Instrument.
· Assist to prepare list and specification for specialized tools / devices required for day to day and special maintenance needs.
· Maintain and manage back ups for various computer / system software for fast restoration of the systems in case of crash.
· Review engineering documents for new plants and participate in the commissioning of new plants and prepare punch points. To inspect and manage action accordingly to clear punch points.
· Support and provide staff training wherever required by the company.
· Update, maintain records, generate reports related to the maintenance work, maintain master list of drawings, calibrate/test tools and test equipment, in order to enable the management to take the right decisions and thereby ensure plant reliability.
· Full utilization of the use of the Oracle software to manage the day to day planning and scheduling of maintenance activities, ensuring quality control of the work done by the appropriate maintenance disciplines. To raise job request for workshop and follow up.
· To liaise with other sections for timely implementation of the jobs. Establish and maintain good working relations and coordination with Operation, Maintenance ,Finance and administration departments.
· Develop and maintain professional working relationships with OEMs, local contractors/vendors for smooth execution of the contracts/supplies.
· Act as a craft person to accept the safety document for execution of any maintenance job.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements
· Perform personnel functions such as personnel performance status, leave management, overtime etc. by raising HR applications in Lotus Notes/Oracle for staff working under him functioning of plant components, policies and procedures, housekeeping, material condition and personnel hazards
· Assume the duties of other Instrument Engineers in the areas of their responsibility, in their absences and ensure readiness to perform any other relevant task assigned by the Section Head.
· In addition to main areas of responsibilities the engineer will be assigned to cross training to the other areas as and when required, most likely in similar plants.
Bachelor Degree in Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering
8-10 years of experience